Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Late Late Night Shenanigans
or the irresistible silliness of Craig Ferguson

Okay, so let me just say how much I love Craig Ferguson. His sharp wit and completely irreverent sense of humor is right up my proverbial alley. And then there's his delicious Scottish brogue that makes the utterance of any off-color, dihrrrty words charming.

To me, one of the funniest things to watch is a performer succumbing to a completely ridiculous moment, breaking down into uncontrollable laughter. It's contagious and endearing and funny as hell. Mere mortals can't help but get swept up in its tide. My favorite moments in the Carol Burnet show were when Tim Conway finally made Harvey Corman break down in front of that live audience. Genius.
Back in May, Ferguson and his animatron sidekick, Geoff Peterson, had an unscripted encounter that left Ferguson crying from laughter within the first 20 minutes of the show. The first half of his show is some of the funniest, zaniest stuff on the boob tube, but it's on so late for me it may as well be broadcast on Mars. A friend at work shared this clip with me. Enjoy!



Geoff you magnificent mechanical bastard! It almost makes me wish I worked overnights. Almost. C'mon. I'm not that nuts, yo.

BALLS

No comments: