Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Things You Do In Pittsburgh When You're Bored
or it's Sunday at the Special K

Okay, so I'm going through my copious amounts of work email because I keep getting the "your system box is full" prompt which when you think about it, kind of crosses the sexual harrassment line. You know, really. Don't be talking trash about my "box". The state of my box ain't none of your business, dawg. And besides it's just ... rude.


Anywho, sifting through the muck and mire of mind-numbing work related emails, I stumbled upon one from the fan site iLike. I apparently signed up a while ago to track music/concert activity of you-know-who from a link on Facebook or Myspace or Satan's Quarterly.


I have no idea how to navigate through this site. I'm just a cavewoman. I can't wrap my pea-sized brain around most online sites. I was, however, able to stumble upon a couple of gems, namely my fantasy husband singing some pretty great covers of the Pixies' Wave of Mutilation and Bowie's Ziggy Stardust. I couldn't figure out how to download them into our iTunes, but there was a link to this stellar video. He is just soooo much fun to watch. Enjoy. I'll catch you on the other side.




Lordy, Lordy!! He is a honey!



By the way Mr. Miller has a new solo CD coming out on Tuesday 6/9. It is fantastic! Seriously. It's not just me being my usual biased self when it comes to all-things-Rhett. It's an extremely strong record. Many of the songs have a darker edge, lyrically, set to his signature bouncy, pop melodies. Plus he incorporates one of my favorite words, tchotchkes in cut 5.. "She's the sum of the tchotchkes she keeps.." Come on. That's fabulous. Triple word score there. But don't take my word for it. You can judge for yourself because the fine folks at CMT.com have the entire CD streaming here. Give it a listen then tell me you're NOT going to run out and buy that puppy.


Speaking of the blue-eyed lovely one, I'm posting a couple more of the promotion shots from his distant past that were shared during the listening party back in May for my online bud, Gonzo_Stojo mainly because I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them to her via Twitter. So, Jess--as promised--these are for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!





Oooooo. So pretty...




Don't know who the Dude in the middle is, but... yeah, that's Murry on the right. Nice beads. *sigh* Between the flowing hair, big baby blues and his killer book of poems, I'm betting he totally made the girls swoon... despite the goofy photos.

No comments: