or cleaning for company
Okay, so by now you all know what a lousy housekeeper I am. My surroundings are, um.... cluttered to say the least. June Clever I am not. Every time I clean, I mean really CLEAN, I vow to keep things in order and not let the mess pile up into a beast large enough to consume me and Geo in one gulp.
For the first couple of weeks I keep my promise to myself by conscientiously keeping my digs tidy, especially my dresser top which is a magnetic catch-all for the multitudinous scraps of paper generating forth from my being. Alas. By the second week the inevitable happens and my dresser becomes an unrecognizable mound of notes, coins and expired coupons.
And then I start to hate myself a little...
Anywho, I invited friends from work to come over tomorrow for drinks and snacks on the deck. So, naturally I wait until the day prior to start the gargantuan task of making the house respectable. I decided to clear my dresser first. I don't know why. It's not like we're going to be hanging out in my bedroom or anything. Still, this is what I found stashed on the right half:
|copious collected crap|
Lots and lots of worthless little scraps which mock my very existence. Here's the bounty this month:
- receipts from purchases at Kohl's, Bed Bath & Beyond and Macy's for things I HAD to have only to realize later...meh, not so much. I have been frantically looking for these by the way.
- Not one, but three expired free Cheesecake Factory cheesecake cards, expired MacDonald's game prize monopoly piece (from February), expired Kohl's 15% coupon (also from February), expired Cultural District membership card
- missing Kohl's charge card AND Kohl's merchandise credit card! Double Word Score!!
- Couple random email addresses/website addresses - for which again I've been searching
- song titles by the Weepies and Gugenheim Grotto I wanted to look up on iTunes
- notes about what to pack for SXSW (from March)
- Christmas list from my Card Club grab bag recipient (pathetically from last year)
- several notes about new electronics from our Latest Technology segment on PTL
- directions on how to plot an arc on the robotic cameras (I should probably keep this somewhere safe, you know... like on my dresser)
- Two words: Willie Nieswonger (*snort* Come on. That's just funny)
- Notes of random thoughts that pop into my skewed mind such as:
Overheard in the control room: "Can't you just punch him in the box?" (that still makes me giggle)
and the beginnings for a past, never written blog about Take Your Imp to Work Day I jotted down while in the car that's kinda funny. I might actually write it posthumously so act surprised when you read it some time in oh...late 2020.
So the big question is why are there so many tidbits scribbled on torn pieces of paper scattered all over the dresser. Isn't that what the Moleskin notebook and recorder are for?
I know, right? But try telling my psyche that. She just won't listen. Between me and you, I think she's a little S-L-O-W.
Now if you excuse me, I have to go mine the other "Catch-all Hell" known as our sofa table. If I'm not out in 30 minutes, send a search party.